Consensus 9/11: Seeking Truth, Dispelling Lies
Consensus 9/11: Seeking Truth, Dispelling Lies
by Stephen Lendman
Consensus 9/11 seeks "best evidence" proof to dispel official story falsehoods. It's founded on:
"(1) The opinions of respected authorities, based on professional experience, descriptive studies, and reports of expert committees.
(2) Physical data in the form of photographs, videotapes, court testimony, witness reports, and FOIA releases.
(3) Direct rather than circumstantial evidence."
Determining "best evidence" depends on "integrating individual professional expertise with the best available documentary and scientific evidence."
Simplified Delphi methodology is followed. It's often used "where published information is inadequate or non-existent." As a result, experts use "best evidence" to determine truth.
9/11: The Seminal Event of Our Time
Lt. Col. Shelton F. Lankford, US Marine Corps (ret.) calls 9/11 "the watershed event of our lives and the greatest test for our democracy in our lifetimes."
Calling the official explanation "impossible," he cited "evidence of government complicity in the lead-up to the event, the failure to respond during the event, and the astounding lack of any meaningful investigation afterwards, as well as the ignoring of" subsequent evidence perhaps causing "the end of the American experiment....(O)ur republic and our Constitution remain in the gravest danger."
Evidence revealed contradicts the official 9/11 story. It spawned a nightmarish decade of wars, torture, military tribunals, extraordinary rendition, assault on democratic freedoms, millions of deaths, and incalculable human misery.
Official 9/11 claims "are contradicted by facts that have been validated by a scientific consensus process," using "best" and other strong evidence.
For example, bin Laden was blamed for 9/11. However, FBI charges against him excluded it. In fact, then FBI investigative publicity head Rex Tomb said no hard evidence connected him to it. Moreover, the 9/11 Commission also produced none.
Another example involves blaming jet impacts, fuel, and resulting fires for bringing down the Twin Towers. In fact, jet fuel reaches maximum temperatures no greater than 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit. Steel begins melting only at 2,700 degrees or higher.
Yet official reports claimed otherwise. They also said three causes only downed the buildings - jet impacts, fires and gravity. However, best evidence disproves this and other official claims.
WTC 7's collapse is especially important. The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) initially blamed structural damage combined with jet fuel fire. Then its final report blamed fire alone.
However, no plane struck the building. In addition, "no steel-frame high-rise building" ever collapsed from fire. Moreover, if such an event was possible, gradual weakness would first occur.
Yet WTC 7 experienced "virtual free fall" straight down symmetrically into its own footprint with its "roofline remaining essentially horizontal." Best evidence shows "all 82 of (its) support columns had been eliminated by the time" collapse began. Human meddling, not damage, was responsible.
Another key fact involves nanothermitic material evidence. It "can be tailored to behave as an incendiary (like ordinary thermite), or as an explosive...."
Four "independently collected" WTC dust samples found it. A multi-authored, peer-reviewed paper reported it. Although NIST performed no tests to determine the presence of incendiary materials, it claimed none were present.
Many other best evidence examples disprove official accounts. They entirely lack credibility.
Other Consensus Points ask the following:
- Why wasn't Bush "hustled away from the Florida School" for his safety?
- How credible is the White House claim about why he remained under national emergency conditions?
- Claiming no pre-9/11 insider put option trading when records show their existence.
- The questionable initial official reason why the Pentagon attack wasn't prevented.
- The dubious one that followed.
Distinguished Panel Members
Twenty-one in all, they include:
(1) Dr. Robert Bowman: former US Air Force Institute of Technology Department of Aeronautical Engineering head. He also directed Ford and Carter administrations' Advanced Space Programs Development.
(2) David S. Chandler: A physics and math educator, he formerly served on The Physics Teacher (AAPT journal) editorial board. In addition, he was key in forcing NIST to concede WTC 7's free fall.
(3) Giulietto Chiesa: Italian journalist, Kennan Institute for Advanced Russian Studies Fellow, and documentary film producer about 9/11 titled, "Zero."
(4) Dwain Deets: former NASA Dryden Flight Research Center Director for Research Engineering and Aerospace Projects. His awards include inclusion in "Who's Who in Science and Engineering" and NASA's Exceptional Service Award.
(5) Tod Fletcher: Former Berkeley, San Francisco State and Laney College geography and environmental science instructor. In 2010 and 2011, he hosted the weekly "9/11 In Context" radio program online.
(6) Lt. Col. David Gapp: Retired US Air Force pilot with 3,000 flying hours. He's also a qualified aircraft accident investigator, former Aircraft Accident Board President, and Air Force Theatre Security Cooperation head.
(7) Dr. Niels Harrit: Associate University of Copenhagen Nano-Science Professor of Chemistry. He was first author of "Active Thermitic Material observed in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center Catastrophe," published in the Open Chemical Physics Journal in 2009.
(8) Dr. Steven E. Jones: Former Professor of Physics at Brigham Young University. He initiated research for the peer-reviewed paper titled, "Active Thermitic Material Observed in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center Catastrophe." It was published in the Open Chemical Physics Journal.
(9) Commander Ralph Kolstad: Retired US Navy fighter pilot and 27-year airline pilot veteran, with 23,000 total flying hours.
(10) Lt. Col. Shelton F. Lankford: Retired US Marine Corps officer; fighter pilot with over 300 combat missions; Distinguished Flying Cross and 32 Air Medals recipient, with over 10,000 total flying hours.
(11) Dr. Graeme MacQueen: McMaster University Canada Buddhism and Peace Studies lecturer. He founded McMaster's Centre of Peace Studies and its War and Health program. His 9/11 research includes, "The Fictional Basis For the War on Terror," and New York Fire Department oral testimonies.
(12) Massimo Mazzucco: Award-winning filmmaker, screenwriter, and journalist. He serves as luogocomune.net editor. It's dedicated to 9/11 research. His 2006 "Inganno Globale 9/11" documentary aired on Silvio Berlusconi's Canale 5 Italian TV. A national debate followed.
His documentary titled, "The New American Century" appeared in film festivals worldwide. He's currently preparing his third documentary. It rebuts 9/11 Movement counter-claims.
(13) Dennis P. McMahon: He represented 9/11 family members in Burke v. McSweeney. It was part of the NYCCAN petition effort to have NYC voters decide whether New York should have its own 9/11 investigation. He was also involved in introducing the "Building What?" campaign. It was later called "Remember Building 7."
(14) Rowland Morgan: An independent journalist, he co-authored "9/11 Revealed." In the 1990s, he also wrote weekly London Guardian and Independent columns. In addition, he and Ian Henshall co-authored "Flight 93 Revealed."
(15) Frances Shure: Retired business owner, Licensed Professional depth psychology Counselor, and Naropa University adjunct instructor. She's also a longtime peace/environmental activist, co-founder of Colorado 9/11 Visibility, and Medical Professionals for 9/11 Truth member.
(16) Lou Stolzenberg: Retired Physical Therapist. Using evidence-based patient care, faith, and social justice involved her with 9/11 Truth activism in 2006. She's Coordinator for Religious Leaders for 9/11 Truth.
(17) Daniel Sunjata: Film, television and stage actor, he performed in the TV series "Rescue Me." A sub-plot included 9/11 as a false flag operation.
(18) Matthew Witt: University of La Verne, CA Associate Professor of Public Administration. His published work with others shows shadow governing entities and state crimes against democracy undermine America's legitimacy and founding doctrine. His work appears in Administration & Society, American Behavioral Scientist, and Public Integrity.
(19) Dr. Jonathan B. Weisbuch (MD, MPH): Formerly he served as Maricopa County, AZ Chief Health Officer; LA County Department of Health Services Medical Director; Wyoming Department of Health and Social Services Director; American Association of Public Health Physicians President; and American Journal of Public Health editorial consultant.
(20) Dr. Paul Zarembka: SUNY, Buffalo Professor of Economics; Research in Political Economy editor; "The Hidden History of 9/11" editor; Frontiers in Econometrics editor; and Revitalizing Marxist Theory for Today's Capitalism co-editor.
(21) Barrie Zwicker: former Detroit News, Toronto Star, and Toronto Globe and Mail reporter; Toronto's Vision TV commentator; and Ryerson University journalism lecturer. In 2006, he published "Towers of Deception: the Media Cover-up of 9/11." He was also featured in the 2009 CBC TV program, "The Unofficial Story."
Honorary Panel Members
(1) Dr. Lynn Margulis: University of Massachusetts Department of Geosciences University Professor. In 1983, she was elected to the National Academy of Sciences. In 1999, she received the Presidential Medal of Science. In 1998, the Library of Congress agreed to permanently archive her papers.
(2) Rt. Hon. Michael Meacher, British Parliament Labour MP. From 1997 - 2003, he served as Minister of State for the Environment. Regarding 9/11, he said:
"I do not subscribe to any theory about what actually did happen since in my view there are still far too many uncertainties - all I do know is that the official account has so many flaws and inconsistencies in it that it is simply not credible as it stands."
(3) William F. Pepper: An international human rights attorney, he represented Dr. Martin Luther King's family in a civil action that revealed the truth about his assassination, including James Early Ray's innocence.
He's also past Oxford University, UK International Human Rights Seminar Convener. Though not a 9/11 investigator, he's long advocated a comprehensive, independent investigation as a just memorial to those whose lives were lost, and to fulfill an outstanding obligation to their families, whose questions remain unanswered.
(4) Andreas von Bulow: German writer, lawyer and politician, he served for 25 years in Germany's parliament, was Federal Ministry of Defense state-secretary, and Minister of Research and Technology.
He also worked on the intelligence services parliamentary committee. Investigating Western intelligence criminal activities followed as well as two books: "In the Name of the State" and "The CIA and September 11."
Consensus 9/11 Panel Administrators
(1) Dr. David Ray Griffin: Claremont School of Theology and Claremont Graduate University Emeritus Professor of Philosophy of Religion and Theology. His 37 books mostly examine the philosophy of science and religion. Among them, 10 discuss 9/11 definitively and comprehensively.
They include "The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11;" "The New Pearl Harbor Revisited: 9/11, the Cover-Up, and the Expose;" "The 9/11 Commission Report: "Omissions and Distortions;" and his newest titled, "9/11 Ten Years Later: When State Crimes Against Democracy Succeed."
Griffin's the consummate 9/11 scholar. He's also dedicated to truth and full disclosure.
(2) William Veale: An attorney, he served as UC Berkeley Boalt Hall School of Law Criminal Trial Practice Instructor and Contra Costa County, CA Chief Assistant Public Defender. Through court appearances and his Vealetruth blog, he's also involved in exposing 9/11 facts. He's also pro bono 9/11 Consensus Panel legal spokesperson.
(3) Elizabeth Woodworth: Retired health sciences librarian, she authored "What Can I Do? Citizen Strategies for Nuclear Disarmament." She's involved in researching 9/11 evidence, editing books, and writing 9/11 related articles. She's also 9/11 Consensus Panel co-founder and Coordinator.
A Final Comment
9/11 was the defining event of our time. Multiple wars followed. More are planned. America's business is war - permanent, destructive, lawless ones.
Global terror wars rage, another on truth, democratic values, rule of law principles, social justice, and freedom.
Debunking the official 9/11 lie is a vital first step to ending the global nightmare threatening humanity if it continues.
As a result, joining the struggle against what's too unacceptable to tolerate is essential. There is no alternative or time to waste, given the stakes.
Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com and listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network Thursdays at 10AM US Central time and Saturdays and Sundays at noon. All programs are archived for easy listening.