Jill Stein v. Bernie Sanders
by Stephen Lendman
Differences between them are stark - Green Party presidential candidate Dr. Jill Stein a true populist, Sanders one in name only.
His business as usual voting record belies his call for revolutionary change - favoring old wine in new bottles, grand deception, longstanding Sanders practice.
He’s a con man, part of the dirty system like all other duopoly power candidates. Otherwise he wouldn’t be major party presidential material.
They all march to the same drummer, campaign promises made to be broken. The trouble with Sanders is he’s like all the rest, a walking talking conflict of interest.
His sole redeeming quality is he’s no Hillary Clinton, the most recklessly dangerous US presidential aspirant in memory. Don’t let her gender fool you.
Sanders’ support for Israel’s killing machine is especially troubling. He backed its premeditated summer 2014 naked aggression on Gaza - based on Big Lies.
During an August 2014 town hall meeting, he shamelessly defended its genocidal slaughter, telling a Palestinian supporter to “shut up.”
He blames Hamas for Israeli high crimes. He voted for Senate legislation, calling on the UN to rescind the Goldstone report - exposing Israel’s December 2008-January 2009 naked aggression on Gaza.
He opposes Palestinian statehood based on pre-June 1967 borders - 22% of historic Palestine.
He's against it without first achieving the impossible - Israel agreeing to an equitable peace. He supports vetoing any Security Council resolution on Palestinian statehood without a settlement - based on Israeli imposed terms.
He ignores its support for ISIS, supplying its forces with weapons, treating its wounded in its hospitals so they can return to battle and commit more atrocities.
According to Sanders, Israel is defending freedom against religious fundamentalism. It’s headquartered in Tel Aviv and Riyadh.
Stein and Sanders are polar opposites. She calls him “a loyal man of America’s global empire.”
He supports Washington’s phony war on terror, its justification for endless aggression. He backs Saudi Arabia, Turkey and other tyrannical regimes committing egregious human rights abuses.
If elected president, drone warfare will continue on his watch, nonbelligerent civilians harmed most, murdered in cold blood - on the phony pretext of targeting terrorists.
He considers world-class heroes Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden common criminals. He once called model democrat Hugo Chavez a “dead communist dictator.”
His anti-Wall Street rhetoric is belied by his support for the Federal Reserve. Major US banks own and operate it.
He consistently tries having things both ways - saying one thing, doing another. Hypocrisy and double standards define his political record.
He’s not attending AIPAC’s annual policy conference this week in person, very much in spirit instead with delivered remarks published and distributed to attendees and the press, showing fealty to Israel, contempt for Palestinian rights.
Stein, like 2008 Green Party presidential candidate Cynthia McKinney, genuinely supports:
- world peace and disarmament;
- the inviolability of international law principles;
- universal healthcare free from industry predators;
- living wages for workers;
- popular interests over corporate ones;
- electoral reform eliminating today’s Big Money-controlled process;
- social justice in all its forms; and
- overall real revolutionary change - why she’s banned from presidential debates, not even allowed in the same venue where they’re held.
- Her position on US policy toward Israel/Palestine demands strict adherence to “international law, peace and human rights for all people, no matter their religion or nationality.”
- “While (Washington) sometimes voices support for this principle in name,” it consistently violates what it claims to support, one-sidedly backing Israel at the expense of denying long-suffering Palestinians justice they deserve.
- “There is no peace or justice or democracy at the end of such a path. We must reset US policy regarding Israel and Palestine, as part of a broader revision of US policy towards the Middle East,” Stein stresses.
Positions like this get media scoundrels to shun her, exclusively supporting wealth, power and privilege.
Sanders is part of the corrupted Democrat party wing of America’s duopoly power system, a populist in name only.
Stein is the real thing, a rarity in US politics, a physician wanting her healing skills used to change America’s dysfunctional political process. She deserves everyone’s support.
Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago. He can be reached at email@example.com.
His new book as editor and contributor is titled "Flashpoint in Ukraine: US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III."
Visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com.
Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network.