New York Times: Press Agent for Wealth, Power and Privilege
by Stephen Lendman
The Times consistently portrays a fantasy America, suppressing its pure evil dark side, harming countless millions worldwide.
The United States is no wonderful Land of Oz. No Yellow Brick Road takes us there. Nothing Over the Rainbow affords opportunity for ordinary Americans. Neoserfdom awaits them when entering the workforce.
New World Order harshness controls them. Subjugation resembles Orwell’s dystopian “1984.” Wicked Witches run things. Big Brother serves them. Ordinary people Munchkins have no say over policies controlling their lives, welfare and futures.
Duopoly power governance reflects “a boot stamping on a human face - forever” - the way Orwell put it. Public ignorance and indifference let them get away with the intolerable.
For most Americans, “dreams that (they) dare to dream (don’t) come true.” Not according to The New York Times, headlining “Obama Passes Baton of Optimism to Clinton.”
Calling his Wednesday night deplorable demagogic doublespeak “a stirring valedictory,” he “hail(ed) Hillary Clinton as his rightful political heir and the party’s best hope to protect democracy from” GOP presidential nominee Trump.
“(H)e vouched passionately for” the most reviled ever party nominee “as a trusted and reliable ally not just for him but for all Americans who need a fighter to improve their lives and keep them safe.”
What rubbish, highlighted when Hillary appeared on stage, two unindicted war criminals embracing each other, both representing imperial villainy, privilege over populism, tyranny over freedom.
Separately, Times editors deplorably hailed a warrior leader, waging war on humanity at home and abroad in multiple theaters, as “an exceptional man and president who will be remembered for eloquently defending the founding precepts of the country…”
No responsible editors would publish this type rubbish. Times editors feature it, praising pure evil instead of condemning it.
“(T)he Obama presidency has been transformative - perhaps even miraculous,” they said. Hard truths throughout his tenure show he exceeded the worst of George Bush, a deplorable record revealing he:
- looted the nation’s wealth for Wall Street and other corporate favorites
- wrecked the economy, creating a protracted Main Street Depression with nearly one-fourth of working age Americans unemployed, tens of millions more way underemployed;
- made poverty a growth industry;
- expanded militarism and imperial wars;
- spied more aggressively than ever on Americans and others worldwide;
- targeted more whistleblowers exposing government wrongdoing than all his predecessors combined;
- became known as “Deporter-in-Chief” for waging war on Latino immigrants;
- destroyed decades of hard won labor rights;
- commodified public education;
- targeted social justice for elimination;
- waged phony war on terrorism, targeting Muslims, people of color and fundamental freedoms, along with environmental and animal rights activists;
- gave Big Pharma, insurers and large hospital chains greater control over healthcare, making a dysfunctional system worse; and
- made America more of a police state than under George Bush.
Times editors ignoring Obama’s war on humanity, its endless violence, instability and chaos, its harm to so many shows how far the self-styled “newspaper of record” fell from grace.
Presstitution substitutes for journalism, making street whores look good by comparison.
Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
His new book as editor and contributor is titled "Flashpoint in Ukraine: US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III."
Visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com.
Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network.