Trump v. Clinton: Unacceptable Shades of Gray Separate Them
by Stephen Lendman
Voters in America face the same dilemma each election cycle. Their choice is between one of two right wings of money-controlled duopoly governance.
Worthy independents like Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein have no chance to win because of how things are structured, a corrupted process too debauched to fix.
It’s virtually impossible for anyone opposing duopoly governance to hold any high office, especially the nation’s highest.
This year’s presidential race hit a new low - a choice between a racist, hawkish oligarch and an emotionally unstable war goddess racketeer.
Both differ largely in style, not substance, each to continue dirty business if chosen to succeed Obama, likely to exceed the worst of his agenda.
Here’s what a vote for either candidate means:
- endless wars of aggression against invented enemies with one important difference - Hillary’s anti-Russia rage could start WW III, the main reason for opposing her;
- greater neoliberal harshness than already;
- government of, by and for its privileged class exclusively more than ever;
- Wall Street, war-profiteers, Big Pharma and other corporate predators benefitting hugely at the expense of ordinary people;
- the disturbing choice between a third Clinton co-presidency v. leadership by a billionaire tycoon, benefitting himself and his cronies, the public welfare be damned;
- social justice perhaps entirely ended, thirdworldizing America completed;
- tyranny becoming full-blown, the ultimate triumph of evil over good.
Ignore campaign promises by both candidates, straightaway ignored once new administrations take power.
A very knowledgeable and concerned good friend asked me if we’re doomed.
I said yes without revolutionary change, millions abandoning the ballot box for the streets, accepting nothing less than equity and justice for all in a world at peace.
Polar opposite conditions now exist, including the potential horror of nuclear war if Hillary succeeds Obama - why defeating her is so crucial.
Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago. He can be reached at email@example.com.
His new book as editor and contributor is titled "Flashpoint in Ukraine: US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III."
Visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com.
Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network.